Notice of privacy practices
Health Care privacy
This Notice of Privacy Practices describes how we may use and disclose your protected health information to carry out treatment,
payment or healthcare operations and for other purposes that are permitted or required by law.
It also describes your rights to access and control your protected health information.
"Protected health information" is information about you, including demographic information,
that may identify you and that relates to your past, present or future physical or mental
health or condition and related healthcare services.
Download the entire Notice of Privacy Practices document in:
- How we use and protect that information
- The types of information we may share with others and under what circumstances
- The choices you have regarding our collection, use, and sharing practices
- We also provide specific information for residents of Nevada.
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to non-Enhabit Home Health & Hospice websites and mobile applications that may link to the Services or be linked to or from the Services; please carefully review this Policy and the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices. If you do not agree with the Policy, please do not use the Services. Some information that we collect through the Services may be subject to the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Please see our Notice of Privacy Practices for more information.
IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW ARE EXPERIENCING AN URGENT OR EMERGENT MEDICAL SITUATION, PLEASE DIAL “911” IMMEDIATELY. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE SERVICES AS A SUBSTITUTE FOR, NOR REPLACEMENT OF, PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL ADVICE, DIAGNOSIS, OR TREATMENT.
The Services and any content shared through the Services are merely intended to be an educational and general informational tool about topics relating to health and to provide access to health information. Nothing stated or posted on this site or available through any Services are intended to be, and must not be taken to be, the practice of medicine or the provision of medical care nor create a doctor-patient relationship or any patient care duties on our part. You should always seek medical diagnosis and treatment from a qualified health care provider for any medical condition and discuss information learned through the Services with your health care provider.
Information we collect
Information you give us
Some of the Services may include features or services that permit you to enter contact information and other information about you. We collect and store any information you enter on our Services, which may include the following:
- Contact and demographic information.
- Payment information.
- Email address.
- Any information or data you provide by interacting in our online forums and chat rooms, or by commenting on content posted on our Services. Please note that these comments are also visible to other users of our Services.
- Information you provide when you complete a survey administered by us or a service provider acting on our behalf.
- Information you may submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence and any contact information provided.
- Medical or health information that you provide to us in the course of using our Services.
Some of this information may be collected by external parties on our behalf. For example, we may use a payment processor when you engage in a transaction on our site rather than collect or store payment card information.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also receive information about you from other parties:
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Services, or ads that we place on third-party websites, from online advertising companies.
Information we collect automatically
When you interact with the Services, certain information about your use of our Services is collected automatically. This includes:
- Analytics about your interaction with our Services, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, the resources that you access, and how you reached our site.
- Details regarding the device you use to access our Services, including, but not limited to, your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
- Information about how you interact with our ads and newsletters, including whether you open or click links in any correspondence.
- Information that you make available to us on social media platforms (such as by clicking on a social media icon linked from our Services), including your account ID or username and other information included in your posts.
Cookies and other tracking technologies
- Analytics: These technologies help us to understand how visitors interact with our Services by collecting and reporting information about how you and your device interact with the Services.
- Personalized advertising: These technologies allow us to serve relevant advertising to you on other websites or apps.
- Social media: These technologies allow us to provide a user experience that is integrated with various social media platforms.
Combination of information
We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records and third parties.
How we use and protect your information
The Services are merely intended to be an educational and informational tool about topics relating to health and to provide access to health information and do not substitute for medical or health advice.
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide you with our products and services, including to process payments and send you information you request.
- To deliver personalized marketing and advertising to you about our products and services, and to enable additional features on our Services and to provide you with a personalized service.
- To create custom audiences on social media sites.
- To provide you with better service and improve and grow our business, including by understanding our customer base and understanding the effectiveness of our marketing.
- To understand how our Services are being used, track site performance, and make improvements.
- To deliver tailored advertising on our Services based on your preferences or interests across services and devices and measuring the effectiveness of ads.
- To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations, to comply with legal requirements and enforce our rights, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal.
Consent to Communications. By providing us with your contact information, you agree to receive communications, including via e-mail, voice calls, and text messages from or on behalf of Enhabit Home Health & Hospice at the email address or telephone number you provided, even if that number is on a national or state “Do Not Call List.” Standard text messaging and telephone minute charges applied by your cell phone carrier may apply.
How we secure the information we collect from or about you
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
How we share your information
We may disclose your information with your consent or to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information. We may also disclose your information if we believe it is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our business, our customers or others.
We also may disclose for the following purposes:
Service providers and other third parties
We may share your information with third party service providers and with vendors we engage to perform functions on our behalf such as: billing and collection providers; auditing and accounting firms; professional services consultants; providers of analytics services; security vendors; and IT vendors.
There are limited circumstances in which the service provider collects data directly from you when their privacy policies may also apply.
Social media platforms
Companies involved in advertising
We share data with other members of our group of companies.
Potential purchasers of our business
We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy.
Sharing of aggregated data
We may share aggregated or de-identified data at our discretion, including with marketing agencies, media agencies and analytics providers. We cannot promise that recipient of this aggregated or de-identified data will have the same privacy practices or treat your information the same as described in this Policy..
Cross-border transfer of data
If you use our Services outside of the United States, you understand that we may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the U.S. regarding information may be different from and less protective than the laws of your state or country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your data.
Our practices regarding information belonging to children
The Services are intended for users ages 16and older. Enhabit Home Health & Hospice does not knowingly collect information from children under age 16. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information from anyone younger than the age of 16, we will delete that information.
Sharing of medical or health information
To the extent that we receive protected health information about you in our capacity has a health care provider, that information is subject to our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
We may retain your personal information to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy, including to meet our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, and other legitimate business purposes, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Your options and rights regarding your information
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email newsletter, or email us at [email protected] and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.
This site is not appropriate to report a service issue or communicate with your treatment team concerning your individual health care needs. We do not monitor the site around the clock or deliver medical health services through the Services, and we will not immediately receive nor be able to promptly react to any electronic message you send.
You can learn more about ad serving companies and the options available to limit their collection and use of your information by visiting the websites for the Network Advertising Initiative and the Digital Advertising Alliance. Similarly, you can learn about your options to opt out of mobile app tracking by certain advertising networks through your device settings and by resetting the advertiser ID on your Apple or Android device.
Please note that opting out of advertising networks services does not mean that you will not receive advertising while using our Services or on other websites, nor will it prevent the receipt of interest-based advertising from other companies that do not participate in these programs. It will, however, exclude you from interest-based advertising conducted through participating networks, as provided by their policies and choice mechanisms. If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can usually modify your browser setting to disable or reject cookies. If you delete your cookies or if you set your browser to decline cookies, some features of the Services may not be available, work, or work as designed. You may also be able to opt out of or block tracking by interacting directly with the other companies who conduct tracking through our Services.
Your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality. We do not respond to Do Not Track signals at this time.
Special information for Nevada residents
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to other companies who will sell or license their information to others. At this time Enhabit Home Health & Hospice does not engage in such sales.
Changes to this Policy
We may make changes to this Policy from time to time as the Services change, the way we manage information changes, or the laws governing the Services change. If we make material changes to this Policy, we will post notice of this on our site before the changes becoming effective. We will post any changes, and such changes will become effective when they are posted. Any revised Policy will apply both to personal information we already maintain and personal information collected or maintained after the change takes effect. Please periodically check our site to see if there have been any changes that may affect you. Your continued use of our Services following the posting of any changes will mean you accept those changes.
For questions about our privacy practices, contact us at:
Enhabit Home Health & Hospice
Attn: Ethics & Compliance Department
6688 North Central Expressway, Suite 1300, Dallas TX 75206
Updated May 2022